i draw. and sometimes i post music too. but i make you dig through the pile first to get to the good stuff. oh, and welcome.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

changes.

^this photo about sums up the night.

my best friend gets married today. i've been sitting here into the morning hours, mentally composing my maid of honor speech. going through photos of last night's drunken debauchery with a chuckle and a smile on my face, realizing how lucky i am. i'm down a sweater that was lost to a dark bar, there's glow-in-the-dark hot pink paint on my knickers and shoes, and i may have woken up at 6:30 this morning dehydrated and very much still drunk, but i'm carrying a load of memories and laughs.
i'm feeling sentimental as i think on my pals and the vows they will exchange with and for each other and my heart swells. i'm so happy that they both found someone that doesn't mind the run to the store for cold medicine in the middle of the night, or having dinner ready when one gets home just because they work late, or is willing to try ethnic and spicy foods despite an ulcer.
we should all be lucky enough to be able to find a devotion and cheeseball love like that in this lifetime.
^me and my bestest mid-pub golf.




more on the rest later.

No comments: