i draw. and sometimes i post music too. but i make you dig through the pile first to get to the good stuff. oh, and welcome.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

hey that's my bike.


i'm back from sleeping under my best pal's ceiling in the biggest little city.
i've been home a day and a half from my weekend excursion and i've had a hard time concentrating. as much as i love my job, it felt wrong getting up and going to work this morning. i feel i have become distracted from what it is i set out to do in the first place, especially in the last few months. my trip to reno/sanfrancisco seems to have jolted me into remembering what i wanted of myself and discovering that i have lost sight of what's important to me. i'm still working on things in my head- as the whole of my generation seems to be doing now. i'm not alone in being lost, but i feel i'm closer to seeing for the first time exactly what i want.
landing a few jobs in the last few days that are more along the lines of what i want to do be doing has given me some confidence. and being in a state of missing my best friend has also given me some perspective on what i can do to help fix that. where do i want to be? what do i want to do? more importantly, how can i make that a reality once i figure that out?
i took an online quiz for kicks, a 'which reality bites character are you?' and discovered, little shock to me, that i am troy dyer. well, mostly. except without the guitar and greasy hair. but that closed-off romantic, unrealized potential is wrapped up in here somewhere. if you discover my lelaina on some random rooftop smoking cigarettes, send her my way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your latest post is great. I to am going through the motions of work vs. what I really want to be doing too.

I'm not sure if that ever really leaves your mind or if it is a given while living in place we live in called Boise. Don't get me wrong, I love it here but there were some things (more creative opportunities) that just seemed to click while living else where.

Thanks for the props from the BG show this last January. Your work is pretty inspiring to me personally. Keep up the great work.

BTW
I gave you props (via a link) on my blog.
Take er' easy.

Jerms